Hi,

I'd like to track ajax requests (when do they start, when they are finished) for some purposes: 1. Selenium UI tests - here I'd like to wait until ajax requests are finished befor a test continues
2. Dynamic busy pane

I found some idea how it can work at http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/loadingspinner Unfortunately this won't work on T5.4. I had a deeper look to the code. It seems that no explicit event is triggered when an ajax request is started or ended. At least in dom.js a counter is increased/decreased but this is not exported and it is decreased before the request is processed - so not an ideal solution.

What would be the best way to hook into dom.ajaxRequest or alternatively in ajax.js? Or should we change it in tapestry to expose this information via dom events?

Kind regards,
Michael.