Out of curiosity, does using your "total control" jumpstart example [1] get
around it?
For instance, trying to implement this admin theme [2] (which is bootstrap)
would be a problem - let's just stay away from that for the moment.  that
is commercial template btw, i'm not associated with fwiw.

[1]
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/together/totalcontrolcrud/persons
[2] http://demo.ztapps.com/curo/v1/invoice.html