Lance, I'm also starting to use your work in my application.  I think it's
important to note that your code on github works with
atmosphere-runtime-native 2.1.0-RC2 from Dec 2013.  Later versions of
Atmosphere seem to need different dependencies included, and also the
contribute method fails because some method signature in Atmosphere changed
after the version above.

Since we're not using build profiles like in your example, I've had to
manually include

<dependency>
<groupId>org.atmosphere</groupId>
<artifactId>atmosphere-runtime-native</artifactId>
<version>2.1.0-RC2</version>
</dependency>

in addition to

org.lanzan