Some more oddities, I looks as if I'm able to get past this issue if I use
@InjectService as Chris described, however I noticed if I try to do any
saves in the GenericDAO, it fails. I'm also running into problems where my
services are looking for Tapestry services but can't find them. Example
PageRenderLinkSource. It's strange everything works while not in test, I'm
wondering if I'm missing something. Should I be using a Tapestry module too
or no?

public GenericDAOImpl(@InjectService("session") Session session) {
        this.session = session;
    }