Hi, i'm not sure if this is worth logging as a Jira or if i've missed the point.. please advise.

I'm adding an alert via alertManager in an inner thread.

void onSomething()
{
    final AlertManager fAlerts = alerts;
    new Thread()
    {
        public void run()
        {
            .... do something longish
            fAlerts.info("hi"); // throws ex

The only problem with this is that the check of request.isXhr requires the request to be on the environment. I'm sure you can peek for the request prior to testing it (i've done this before) which would then allow the alertManager to be used asynchronously. in the mean time adding the alert to AlertStorage instead (bypassing AlertManager) works fine.

does anyone have a good reason why this isn't an issue?

cheers.