Dear all,

I dare its a stupid question, but please forgive me.

I need the possibility to trigger a forms submit event from within the java
code of my page class.
The reason is the following construction:

I coded a form inside a zone and inside the zone there is rendered a group
of form elements several times.
In each group of form elements the user can make different events, like
removing a single element or change the vakue in a select field. These are
ajax events triggering the refresh of the zone.

The problem is quite simple: if the user has entered values in some of the
form elements already, they are lost after a zone refresh.

So my idea was simple to trigger a from submission manually for instance
from within my onValueChanged event handler, which is called automatically
from the select field on a value change. The form submission seems the only
way to update the server side representations of the client input elements
in a zone refresh.

How to trigger this formsubmission? Or is there another way to store client
state of form elements to the server side in a zone refresh via ajax? I
dare simple input elements like text fields don't have a state, or am I
wrong?

Thanks a lot for yoiur help.

Greetings Erich