On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:23:13 -0200, Erich Gormann <e.gorm...@gormann.de> wrote:

Dear all,

Hi!

So my idea was simple to trigger a from submission manually for instance
from within my onValueChanged event handler, which is called automatically from the select field on a value change. The form submission seems the only way to update the server side representations of the client input elements in a zone refresh.

If you're just using Select's valueChanged event just to submit the form automatically without writing JavaScript, I think you're going in the wrong direction. A couple of lines of JavaScript allow you to listen for <select> value changes and to submit the surrounding form.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br