One idea that may come after 5.4 is the ability to aggregate CSS as well as
JavaScript. That would help, reducing this to a couple of requests, rather
than eight.

Bear in mind that this is all first-time loading issues. Any subsequent
visit will find that all those assets are already in local browser cache,
with far-future expires headers.

The directive you are following appear, to me, to be based on more "hand
tooled" pages; the idea that you know whats "above" or "below" the "fold"
implies that your page has a very specific structure that you are totally
in control of. That's a little much for Tapestry to manage!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210