On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 1:23 AM, George Christman <gchrist...@cardaddy.com>
wrote:

> I'm using T5 beta-25 and I have the following code and I'm noticing
> when the scheduler fires off my service, my PageRenderLinkSource does
> not work. If I manually fire it off through the admin with an
> actionlink, it works without issue.
> I'm seeing the following exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException: Unable to delegate method invocation
> to property 'request' of <Proxy for
> RequestGlobals(org.apache.tapestry5.services.RequestGlobals)>, because
> the property is null.
> Any idea why this isn't working?

Naturally, you don't have a request to work with when you are executing
from a cron job. But if you just want to generate links, you don't need to
and you shouldn't use the request values. Contribute HOSTNAME, HOSTPORT and
HOSTPORT_SECURE and you can generate absolute urls without resorting to
reading the values from the request.

Kalle