So I just took a look at the tapestry code and I'm not seeing anyway
to work around it unless I want to build my own links which I'd rather
not do because of my use of the url rewriter.

Tap code line 113

https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/blob/5.4-beta-26/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/services/LinkSourceImpl.java

How do you work around this?

--