I know this has been an on going topic, but I have yet to see a solid
solution for this, so I'm re-posting the question with some additional
information.

Myself as well as many others have seen the following exception popup
numerous times.

Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query
parameter have values

It's always been thought to have been caused by bot activity, however I see
it happening behind firewalls etc. I recently started logging the URI and
User Agent to help determine the cause of the exception and what I found
was what appeared to be real users experiencing the error.

Some examples.

Example 1

*URI - *https://www.domain.com/vehicles/index.sortform

*User Agent - * mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0; windows nt 5.1; sv1;
.net clr 2.0.50727; .net clr 3.0.4506.2152; .net clr 3.5.30729)

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.
internal.OperationException: Forms require that the request method be POST
and that the t:formdata query parameter have values. [at
classpath:com/domain/auto/pages/vehicles/VehiclesIndex.tml, line 29

Example 2

*URI - *https://www.domain.com/vehicles/index.menuform

*User Agent - * mozilla/5.0 (linux; android 4.4.4; en-us; samsung sm-n900p
build/ktu84p) applewebkit/537.36 (khtml, like gecko) version/1.5
chrome/28.0.1500.94 mobile safari/537.36

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.
internal.OperationException: Forms require that the request method be POST
and that the t:formdata query parameter have values. [at
classpath:com/domain/auto/pages/vehicles/VehiclesIndex.tml, line 26] at

*Example 3*

URI - https://www.domain.com/vehicles/index.menuform

User Agent - mozilla/5.0 (linux; android 4.4.2; sch-i545 build/kot49h)
applewebkit/537.36 (khtml, like gecko) chrome/39.0.2171.93 mobile
safari/537.36

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.
internal.OperationException: Forms require that the request method be POST
and that the t:formdata query parameter have values. [at
classpath:com/domain/auto/pages/vehicles/VehiclesIndex.tml, line 26] at

So the question is how is the user able to force the browser to load that
url in the address bar, "I assuming its being loaded in the address bar"?
Is there a bug in the form component or could the user have some sort of
browser setting causing this. Ironically I noticed a lot of ie6 users but
some android users as well which this exception. Before I block the
exception from clogging up my logs, I'd like to make one last attempt at
resolving it.

What I'd really like to know is if the app is failing do to bad code or if
the user is doing something to cause it to fail.

Thanks