Hi,

we have a quite big business app counting about 220 pages. We are using a UX style where you can pop up dialogs containing wizards, which can again pop up dialogs and so on. The dialogs are opened in AJAX request on top of the page and realized in tapestry as embedded components.

After full initialization of the app, the tapestry caches take about 800MB of Old Generation Heap Space in the JVM. Overall we need about 1.2 GB so Tapestry consumes about 75% of our Old Generation heap.

So we end-up with a structure like this:

Page 1 -> Wizard A -> Dialog B -> Wizard C -> Dialog D
Wizard D -> Dialog D
Page 2 -> Wizard A -> Dialog B -> Wizard C -> Dialog D
Wizard D -> Dialog D

With this structure we are ending up, having four ComponentPageElementImpl instances for Dialog D . In our very deeply stacked and multiple times reused scenario we are ending up having about 200 000 ComponentPageElementImpl instances. For example we have a single page holding 23 000 ComponentPageElementImpl instances.

How can we adress this problem?
Does anyone have an idea, how we can reuse such dialogs, without duplicating them in the memory?

THX
Robert Schmelzer