Hi Adam,

I just created a project using the archetype and live reloading works fine
without tapestry.execution-mode=development.

Are you sure that you are in not in production mode? Your log should
contain "5.3.7 (development mode)" next to the Tapestry logo.

The CheckForUpdatesFilter should
call ComponentTemplateSourceImpl.checkForUpdates() on a regular basis to
detect template changes.

Hope that helps.

Felix