On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:42:44 -0300, Stephen Nutbrown <steves...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Hi!

If there is no client side validation for the fileupload, is it
possible (and not too difficult) for me to create one for the file
upload component?

Check the org.apache.tapestry5.validator.Required sources for an example of a validator which does both server- and client-side validation. You need to contribute your validation implementation to FeildValidatorSource in a Tapestry-IoC module class such as AppModule:

public static void contributeFieldValidatorSource(MappedConfiguration<String, Validator> configuration)
    {
        configuration.add("required", new Required());
    }

What I don't have an answer to you is how to check the file size in JavaScript. If you find a solution, please post it here.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br