On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 19:01:33 -0300, Stephen Nutbrown <steves...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Hi!

I saw some posts on StackOverflow about validating files using JavaScript's
files api (it looks fairly new so may not be suitable for projects which
need to support old browsers):

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=omB3Vb_MKKi07QbRvoDYBQ&url=http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3717793/javascript-file-upload-size-validation&ved=0CB0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGck_7qB8b7VzFExHQM72vzF6JxZA&sig2=XgAbDcP-E8-daXfAyP0tEg

Interesting! Thanks! I learned something new today . . .

Some time ago I implemented a client side twitter validator to check the
length of text field values (it gets a bit complicated because links count> as fewer characters etc).

Twitter has a JS library that does this character counting, so it's just a matter of copying and adapting the MaxLength validator from Tapestry.

I can have a go at doing the same for the
fileuploader and can put whatever I make up on github somewhere.

Don't forget to post an announcement here. :)

It won't
work on old browsers as per:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=Y2F3Vbf0IIet7AarkoLgBA&url=http://caniuse.com/fileapi&ved=0CB0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEufMjex_NEpHKkWV7k-pakFWDNJQ&sig2=-hTtFzGroBPZc9w0v1bGIA

I'm a bit surprised that this doesn't exist,

What's "this"? :)

I thought it would and so I
expected that I was doing something horribly wrong. I'll come back when I
have it working as it may help others.

Thanks,
Steve
 On 9 Jun 2015 20:06, "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>