Hi everybody ,

In order to have a Tapestry page correctly receive an
@ActivationRequestParameter , the value in the querystring must be sent encoded
in the Tapestry way (f.ex. using Tapestry's URLEncoder service), so f.ex. a
space char becomes $0020 , a "&"becomes $0026 etc.

However this encoding is Tapestry-specific while I need to write a page that
can be called by third parties, which encode querystring parameters in the
standard way, that is with "percent encoding", where f.ex. a space becomes %20
instead of $0020.

Currently when my Tapestry page receives a querystring parameter containing a
character encoded in that way, f.ex.

        TestPage?myParam=A%20Z

, I get a ComponentEventException:

        Input string 'A Z' is not valid; the character ' ' at position 2 is not
valid.

>From that error message it would appear that Tapestry does correctly decode
>the %20 into a space, but at the same time it throws the exception, while if I
>use Tapestry encoding for that char, so

        TestPage?myParam=A$0020Z

, everything is good and no exception is thrown.

So I would like to know if there is a clean / recommended approach to receiving
percent-encoded parameters like %20 from a Tapestry page.

Although I'm currently using @ActivationRequestParameter, this is not a
requirement so it would not be a problem to drop this annotation and use
something else if necessary.