I have also set the response header in the SessionRequestFilter service()
method.

aResponse.setHeader(HEADER_KEY, "IE=Edge");
where HEADER_KEY = "X-UA-Compatible";

That didn't seem to work either. I do see in the response through fiddler
that this header value is being set to IE=Edge.

Any comment or advice would help me greatly.

Thank you.