Dear all,

I wanted to customize the GridColumns component, which is embedded inside the Grid component, by trying different approaches.

Finally I failed, because it was neither possible by a request filter replacing the GridColumns component at runtime with my customized one, nor did it work to use an own template for the Grid component pointing to my customized version of GridColumns.

What is the best way to do this? The GridColumns component is a private component inside the Grid and I wonder how to replace it.

I even tried to put a complete own Grid component in my application, but this ends up in the exception, that there is no type coercer available for my own Grid implementation to the original Tapestry Grids bean model. And even if this had worked, it would not be a nice way.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Eric