Hi Marwa,

there is an example in the bottom part of this page

https://tapestry.apache.org/ajax-and-zones.html

which you can use for your development. The paragraph "Invoking server-side
event
handler methods from JavaScript" contains the corresponding explanation.

If you do not want to use zones and asynchronous requests, you cat use a hidden
field
to transfer the value to java.
The hidden field hast to be contained in a form. You put the value with java
script in
the hidden field. With a form submit it will be transferred to java.

Sorry that I am not referencing to an example, but possibly you manage it even
with
this information..

With regards, Peter