This bug prompts another question that bothers me.

How come nobody else has noticed the bug for two years? I had a report in Sep 2021, which did not get an answer, there is another mention on Stack Overflow in the last month and now this thread here opened by Chris.

Is this because the bug only occurs in some very specific environments (only some specific OS and some specific JDK combination and some specific DB driver), or tapestry-hibernate is not in use any more by committers and other developers and tapestry-jpa is the preferred way, or both are obsolete nowadays and one should pursue some other approach to persistence when using Tapestry?