> How come nobody else has noticed the bug for two years?

In general we're isolating the use of Tapestry to our presentation layer -
The datastore access (and business logic) lives in modules and the UI sits
on top of the business logic layer - The lower level modules are usually
wired up with Spring IoC and we bridge the two IoC systems, so Tapestry can
see/inject Spring services, but the opposite is not true.

With a traditional layering like that we never need to access the datastore
directly from Tapestry code - so a lot of the magic Tapestry
modules/features are not in play (like hibernate integration etc).

--
Chris