> From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> yes this is very very cool. i'm in london though - on the map
> i'm in cambridge .. i think are corporate ISP is there though ;)

It appears to be analysing the 'Received from' headers in the email and
finding the one closest to the head of the message with a hostname that
can be resolved to an IP, then using one of the IP range to location
databases - not sure which one - to find a location.  This puts me in
Rochdale, again because our ISP is based there.

                - Peter