FYI
Hp and Dell support a full stack Linux/JBoss at a very competitive price,
with support.
This in my view  is another alternative.

Bruno Georges

Glencore International AG
Tel. +41 41 709 3204
Fax +41 41 709 3000

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Andoni          |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           kom.ie>         |
|         |                           |
|         |           03.11.05 20:26  |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Tomcat Users|
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                                |
  |        cc:
                                                |
  |        Subject: Re: How to use -security when running as a service under
Windows.                                           |

  |Distribute:

  |Personal?               |-------|

  |                        | [ ] x |

  |                        |-------|

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Ok, as I said to my boss:
1. OpenVMS is still stuck on Java 1.4
2. OpenVMS is still stuck on Tomcat 4.1
3. OpenVMS does not allow 'tail' access to log files!
4. Can't run JBoss, Apache 2, etc.
5. JVM on VMS has more bugs than a roach-infested sewer.
6. .jar files have to be "steamed" before the can run on OVMS.

I wanted to go to RedHat Linux but unfortunately there is not enough Linux
expertise in my company (we're a small shop) so it had to be a hardened
Windows 2003 box instead.

A.