Olve Hansen wrote:
On trying to build I am encountering problems. There is no documentation
on how to build from svn. I have a working build folder using the docs
from http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/building.html
But I dont see your changes in DataSender.java after CVS update.

The 5.5.12 docs still refer to CVS. The next release has already been updated to refer to SVN. The 5.5.x docs on the website will be updated once the next release has been made.

Meanwhile, the following should get you going:
svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/build/tc5.5.x/resources/build.xml /tomcat-build
cd /tomcat-build
ant

These commands might not be 100% correct (I don't have linux box to check them on) but should give you the idea.

Mark