Just out of curiosity, what is JAVA_HOME?

On Nov 21, 2005, at 4:49 AM, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

Terry Allen wrote:

Anything in the logs for this new setup?

Nix.

Hi again,
Okay, I've included the last log entries from a few logs as listed below - the other logs in that directory contain only information about startup notification etc... apologies if this is not the right way to post these:

I'll tell what it looks like to me.

localhost.2005-11-21.log - :

Nov 21, 2005 7:31:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse.setBufferSize(I)V

This states that somebody is expecting interface "HttpServletResponse" to have that method, but the definition of that interface, loaded by the JVM does not have it. Looks like a mismatch between Servlet-API JARs of Tomcat and the code that was compiled to run in your web application. Since you are running TC 5.5.9 it makes the error rather mysterious. If your server platform is Linux, it could be that you have some old version of Servlet API JAR somewhere on the class path, poisoning your setup. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it is what I'd look for.

SEVERE: An exception or error occurred in the container during the request processing java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletResponse.isCommitted()Z

Again some mismatch in definitions.

SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet HTMLManager
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletConfig.getServletName()Ljava/lang/String;

And again.

I'm not sure what is going on, but look for old JARs poisoning your setup.

Nix.