* Jess Holle wrote (02/12/05 13:53):
> I have some vague recollection that performance of mod_proxy_ajp tested
> just /slightly /better than mod_jk.

But where is the information on this?

I joined this list a few days ago after Googling like crazy for
information on the most sensible and supported way to connect apache to
tomcat (or whether to drop it and just use the http connector). In the
end, I'm using mod_jk, because I couldn't find *anything* helpful on the
web about configuring or using mod_proxy_ajp, apart from some
theoretical examples that tended to be incompatibile with one another.
The only thing people seem to agree on is that mod_jk2 is no use, though
that had the option of unix sockets, which I would have thought would be
a good thing.

I might revert to using the http connector. The reasons for not doing
this are: 1) I want apache to do SSL, 2) I don't want to run tomcat as
root, and using local port forwarding is a hassle, and 3) there's a bit
more flexibility in the apache route.

Chris