Thanks for the input Peter. What I see now is even more confusing to me;

- Tomcat sets a cookie containing a session id X
- On the request however, the URL gets rewritten using session id Y (and X
!= Y)

All subsequent requests made are handled via URL rewriting using session
id Y. I can see this behaviour both on my own app as well as on the admin
app... I am at a loss as to what to do next :(

Any ideas? TIA, Jan