> From: Bliesner, Christopher P
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5 error 404
>
> Here is the URL I'm trying: //eptest01:8080/manager/html
> which uses the direct port.
>
> And I copied the same tomcat-users.xml from Tomcat 4.1.12
> which works great.

There should be a file manager.xml in conf/Catalina/localhost containing
the following:

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/manager"
         privileged="true">
  <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
  <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
                type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
</Context>

Under server/webapps/manager/WEB-INF, you should have a web.xml that
includes

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>HTMLManager</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet</servlet-c
lass>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>2</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>HTMLManager</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/html/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

among numerous other servlet declarations and mappings.

Are those all in place?

(The above examples are from 5.5, so yours might be slightly different.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.