Hi Martin,

  Thanks for reply but I am looking at something different. System.getEnv(...)
returns string
which it supposed to. The method is for retriving environment variables (which
are loaded from
properties file, etc. while starting an application-tomcat)

  The "host" that I am talking about is org.apache.catalina.Host object. If you
have tomcat 5.5.12
source, take a look at ManagerServlet.java . It has method called list(...)
which is used to
retrive list of deployed webapps. For your reading, it is as follows:

protected void list(...)
{
  org.apache.catalina.Host myHost = ??
  Container[] contexts = myHost.findChildren();
  for (int i = 0; i < contexts.length; i++)
  {
    Context context = (Context) contexts[i];
    if (context != null )
    {
        //display context to page as link
    }
  }
}

  Also one request to tomcat experts. If you know any other way of finding the
list of depolyed
web applications, please let me know

  Thanks.

Regards,