I thought that Tomcat users would be interested to know that we just published an in-depth comparison of Tomcat performance on Windows and Linux.

The articles are available here:

http://webperformance.com/library/reports

It describes the very different behavior of the two platforms under load, and shows there is a significant different in performance. Under the restricted conditions of the test Linux was able to handle 32% more load than Windows with identical versions of Tomcat on identical hardware.

Michael Czeiszperger