On Jan 5, 2006, at 3:51 PM, Remy Maucherat wrote:

With the usage of APR in Tomcat 5.5.x, I would say the difference will
be even bigger, as APR on Linux will use more efficient IO calls than
on Windows.

So use Linux :) (note: please, don't use any Redhat Linux 2.4s kernels, though)

Yes, we would like to bring APR into the mix, but its not officially shipping on both platforms, or at least it wasn't when we started the testing.

Michael Czeiszperger
http://webperformance.com