I have Tomcat and Apache HTTP server running on the same machine.  I
have a key and certificate for the HTTP server set up and working
properly.  I have an application running in tomcat, I want to make the
application available directly via Tomcat using SSL and use the same
cert I'm already using for the HTTP server.  The hostname is the same so
I would think I should be able to do this but I'm having all sorts of
trouble.  For this particular application I can't proxy through HTTP
over the loopback.

The problem seems to be if I import the cert into the java keystore, it
doesn't complain but I get a message in the browser that says:

"Firefox and yourserver.com cannot communicate securely because they
have no common encryption algorithm."

I'm guessing I need to also import the private key into the keystore
somehow but I can not find any info on how to import an existing private
key into an empty keystore, has anyone successfully done this?  Can you
provide me with the steps I'd need to follow to do it?

Thanks for your help,

Mike