Make sure tomcat is returning the header:

You can confirm this via telnet:
telnet MYSERVER 80
HEAD /MY/foo.wmv HTTP/1.1
Host: MYSERVER
Connection: close

You can add the header in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml or in web.xml of your webapp.

-Tim

Mark Winslow wrote:
Hello,
I am unable to get Tomcat 5.0 to properly serve up Windows Media (wmv)
files.
Despite adding the video/x-ms-wmv to my web.xml file,

whenever I attempt to open wmv, I get pages and pages of text. Needless to
say, this is not the desired result.  I'm fairly confident that this is some
kind of MIME misconfiguration, but am at a loss to find anything to rectify
the solution.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks,

-mw