--- HuangHao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i folks,
I am going to run Tomcat 5.0.* with JDK 1.5, I wonder whether Tomcat 5 officially support
JDK1.5 yet. I found in Apache site
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/appdev/installation.html> that "Tomcat 5
has been extensively tested with JDK 1.3.1 as well as JDK1.4.2, and the latter is
recommended.", but can't find anything about jdk1.5. could you please give me some guide
or references,thanks in advance. Hewitt
For 1.5 specific things you'll need to be using Tomcat
5.5.x

Wade

Thanks. As a requirement, my application need to support both Tomcat 5.0 and 5.5. But my application requires JDK1.5 for some reason. I understand it is OK with JDK1.5+Tomcat5.5, but I want to make sure JDK1.5+Tomcat 5.0 can work too. I can start Tomcat 5.0 with JDK1.5 but that can't be regarded as a fully support certificate.

Does apache has official announcement about this issue?

Thanks

Hao