i've JDBC installed in other path than Tomcat.you asked me to put the JDBC
driver library into WEB-INF\lib. there's WEB-INF directory,but it do not have
lib as its sub directory.what can be done for this?
  kindly tell me how to do the path setting of JDBC with JSP.
  i'd made a page in JSP,but when executing its generating error as:

  javax.servlet.ServletException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source
name not found and no default driver specified
and so on.
  kindly tell how to connect my JSP page with JDBC.

  Regards,
  Vidhi

Anto Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 1/18/06, gupta vidhi wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'm using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31and jdk-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p-iftw in WIN
> 2000 Professional.
> I wish to connect Oracle 8.0(plus) with JSP pages.
> i request you to kindly tell me how to do this?

If you are learning JSP you can connect to a database using JDBC. It
is same as using JDBC in any other java application. What you should
take care is to put the JDBC driver library in the WEB-INF\lib
directory of the application so that Tomcat sees it.

--
rgds
Anto Paul