There seems to be 'truckloads' of information on just as many forums on how
best to setup a JDBC connection pool, varying from which file to put what
entries (server.xml, context.xml, web.xml) etc....

  It looks like the same questions be asked in a slightly different fashion and
for different environments.

  Does anyone happen to know where there is a definative guide on how to do
this and what jar files one needs ?... or does this sort of 'clean doc'  not
exist ?

  FYI: My environment: Tomcat 5.5.9, Sybase, Windows .
  Many thanks!