Hello fellow tomcat users,
I have a problem with how IE works on Win XP SP2. I did not find
anything in the archives so posting it here.

I have a web page with an activex control in it served through a
servlet. the javascript in the webpage interfaces with the activex and
then refreshes the page to proceed on to the next page. We use a
cookie to maintain the state that determines what is sent to the
client, and we update the cookie in every response of this URL
request.

The problem is that on windows xp sp2, IE does not install activex
control automatically but rather shows the end user an yellow bar on
the top to install the AX control. But when the user clicks on this to
install the AX, IE sends a request for the same URL again, but with
the latest set of cookies. This is a problem because my application
logic requires the earlier value of the cookie to send the same page
again.

Ideally, IE should just have sent the same "http request" and not
"request the same url".

This is an old application that has been working fine for many years,
so I would like to change it minimal. Let me know if anyone has any
thoughts to handle this.

Thanks!