From: Mladen Turk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 11:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How can I take a webapp "temporarily out of service" using
mod_jk?

Prout John - jprout wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running a JBoss cluster, using tomcat as the Servlet engine.
Apache
> and mod_jk provide load-balancing of requests over the machines in the
> cluster

Use mod_jk status worker.
This is webapp inside Apache that allows you to manage loadbalancer
members.

Inside workers.properties add
worker.list=....,jkstatus
worker.jkstatus.type=status

Add this to httpd.conf:
#JK Balancer manager
<Location /manager/>
     JkMount jkstatus
     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all
     Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>

Now http://manager/ will give you the mod_jk admin console,
where you can disable, or stop particular nodes for maintenance.

If you need only to remove particular mappings then use
JkMount directive and prefix each mapping with '-'. Within
60 seconds, mod_jk will disable the mappings.

See:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/config/apache.html

> Does anyone know a way to do this?

Regards,
Mladen.

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.