Good day,

I have encountered a similar problem while deploying webapps. In my case I noticed that after the sixth deployment I would encounter OutOfMemoryError when I tried to use the application. After trawling the archives and running the tomcat jvm with the -XX:+PrintGCDetails option I discovered that I run out of PermSpace. Reading this posting http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=113532811904238&w=2 from Rodrigo Ruiz I discover that the memory leak is caused by static classes (aka Singletons) that are dotted all over support jars in my classpath. For me to solve my problem I would need to go on one hell of an anti-singleton crusade, and tempting as it, is I haven't the time. Perhaps this is the cause of your problems as well?

Kind regards,

Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787

"I could be a genius if I just put my mind to it, and I,
I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it"
-PULP 'Glory Days'