Koneru, Narendra wrote:

Hi,

When the port that I specify to start tomcat is in use, then I want
tomcat to go down after printing a message. What I observed is that
tomcat prints the message on the screen that there is a bind exception
but tomcat server does not go down. How do make sure that tomcat goes
down after realizing that the port number is in use.

I can't duplicate your problem. On Windows for me, running startup.bat twice activates TC on the first instance, but returns the error and closes the window for the second instance activation attempt (which would be using the same port). How are you starting Tomcat? What OS are you using?

Glen