kill -9 (unix) task manager (windows)

Shankar Unni wrote:
Koneru, Narendra wrote:

When the port that I specify to start tomcat is in use, then I want
tomcat to go down after printing a message. What I observed is that
tomcat prints the message on the screen that there is a bind exception
but tomcat server does not go down.

Do you have some servlet marked for <load-on-startup> whose init() starts threads, or anything like that? And the thread is not created as a "daemon" thread (setDaemon(true))?

That can cause this behavior.

Or, if any of your <load-on-startup> servlets throws an exception, that sometimes screws up the shutdown..

Mike Sabroff
Web Services Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
920-568-8379