Hi Vineesh,
  The class name is DownloadFiles.class
  Pls let me know wat is access permissions of the class and tomcat.
  I m posting my web.xml after including package.

  <!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
  <web-app>
  <display-name>Tomcat Documentation</display-name>
  <description>
     Tomcat Documentation.
  </description>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>DownloadFiles</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.deepa.servlet.DownloadFiles</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>DownloadFiles</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/DownloadFiles</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

  Now wen i run the appln, I get error 500. Pls let me know where i hav gone
wrong.
  I believe there might be some silly mistake.
  Always welcome ur help.
  thank u
  Regards
  Deepa

vineesh kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Deepa,
plz check the following things
is ur class is public?
whether the class name is DownloadFiles.class itself?
also check the access permissions of the class and tomcat
directory if ur on a X'nix machine

 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket