To: "Tomcat Users" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:24 PM
Subject: Tomcat5.15 basic setup question

Hi all,
  I am new to java and Tomcat.
  I have the following situation:
     FC4 server behind PIX box.  Internal address 10.x.x.x.
     Outside address resolves to mirc.[website].[suffix]

I have deployed a java application called MIRC and it works fine at the server console. From the same network, I can access all functions with http://10.x.x.x:80. From the outside world I can access the main page with http://mirc.[website].[suffix]:8080

The problem is when I select a function on the entry page that sends me to another jsp in the application. Because the application suggested that i hard code the local address, 10.x.x.x, when I do try to access another page the url is returned as http://mirc.10.x.x.x.com:8080/mirc/Login, for instance. mirc.10.x.x.x.com:8080 cannot resolve.

I though of changing the address in server.xml to localhost:8080 but that too will not resolve from the outside world.

My question is were if the mass of documentation for Tomcat should I start looking for the answer of how to configure this so it will work both from within my office and from the outside world?

Thanks for pointers!

Bob