On Tuesday 14 February 2006 12:36, Tim Lucia wrote:

> You can always install Apache httpd + Tomcat on a second machine (or on the
> same machine on a separate set of ports), if you are reluctant to try it on
> you production host.

Of course in an ideal world I would - but this is my home, and I don't have
any more spare machines.  I am already testing on an independant machine
first, but I want to essentially bring a new version gently into play -
running off of a single database on my main server - just to prove that I can
bring the application up in as close to production environment as possible in
a test environment before switching it to live.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk