I've been developing with Tomcat for years, and I never really know about
this issue.

I'd have to say that it must not be a widely known issue.

Perhaps since the security picture has changed over the past couple of years
its time to revisit this issue.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/