On Feb 24, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Brad O'Hearne wrote:

Question below:

On Feb 24, 2006, at 2:05 AM, Bill Barker wrote:

"Brad O'Hearne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mod_proxy_ajp? Yet another twist. Its just hard for me to believe that "how do I integrate tomcat and apache httpd?" is such a mystery / unknown.
This seems like it would be question #1 on any Tomcat FAQ.

So where can I found out more about mod_proxy_ajp. Is there a Tomcat
resource which explains the configuration of it?

Nope, since it all under the Httpd project :).  You can start with:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html, and then move on to
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html.

The simplest configuration looks like:
  ProxyPass /myapp ajp://localhost:8009/myapp

Ok, I understand what it is trying to do here. But I assume there is a connector that has to be loaded in Tomcat to enable listening for the ajp protocol on port 8009, no? Is there documentation about this anywhere?

On the Tomcat side, there is no difference (really) between
whether the web server is using mod_jk or mod_proxy_ajp.
Both use AJP for the link, so you'd use the AJP connector.