I have a vanilla installation of Tomcat 5.5 (with logging added, and log4j.properties rootLogger set to level INFO), which starts up cleanly, and writes maybe 15 lines to catalina.out -- no more. I then deploy the maven-proxy-webapp.war, and catalina.out gets immediately bombed with DEBUG level messages. It appears that most of the messages are coming from the commons.digester and digester packages. Does this problem lie in Tomcat, or in the web app? How do I filter the LOG level for this information?

Thanks!

Brad