Frances wrote:
when I make changes to a servlet I don't see changes unless I turn tomcat off and on... this is a huge pain, it's at work, where we can't be turning Tomcat off and on all day long whenever we make changes to a servlet.. Is there a way around this? (Does Tomcat 3 come with a Manager? I can't find manager-howto.html among docs (which does come with Tomcat 5..) many thanks..

Frances

I do have this for every webapp in server.xml:

 <Context path="/<nameOfWebapp>"
                 docBase="webapps/<nameOfWebapp>"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >

so why won't servlets reload when I make changes to them? (again, this is on Tomcat 3, 3.2.2, to be precise..) thanks again.. Frances