From: David Kerber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:35 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How can I set tomcat NOT Case Sensitive

Yes, that was me, and that's why I chimed in here.  However, still nobody
has explained in any detail how this is a security risk other than reducing
the number of guesses you have to make to find static resources in a
brute-force hacking attempt...

Tim Lucia wrote:

I am sure I have seen this before on this list, and the answer I remember is that the case sensitivity part is only for file names. Servlet mappings are case-sensitive regardless because the spec says so.

Read this as well, although it says "all case sensitivity checks will be disabled" it doesn't define "case sensitivity checks".

Read this too

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=114002237714355&w=2

(David Kerber started this one.)