can u go to localhost:8080 does that work?did tomcat get installed
properly.

|         |           "Kuruganti,      |
|         |           Lakshmi"         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           03/08/2006 01:03 |
|         |           "Tomcat Users    |
|         |           List"            |

  |       To:       "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: tomcat admin console not working

Directory is not present, I am not sure it works if I just create an
empty  directory now. Below is how my users file looks like...

 more tomcat-users.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="xxx" password="xxx" roles="admin,manager"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
</tomcat-users>